Using honey regularly on your face can be one of the most amazing things you can do for gorgeous, beautiful skin, improving its quality within days. A honey face mask will restore moisture to the skin and remove impurities, leaving it glowing and clean.
Indeed, after a period of honey treatment, you will have smooth and flawless skin. Honey face treatment will not only remove any build-ups, but also make your skin soft and supple.
And if you have any kind of skin problems, such as acne, eczema, etc., honey can be incredibly beneficial in clearing it right up.
Honey face masks are popular because of several skin benefits honey offers. In fact, for centuries, people have been using honey as a cure, as it's beneficial from both being taken orally or applying it topically to the skin. As a face mask, honey helps to cure acne, scars, spots, blemishes, heal wounds, smooth out wrinkles and even dry skin.
Honey also fights inflammation, infections and bacteria on the skin, and is great for burns resulting from overexposure to the sun. It also has amazing moisturising properties, which help to retain moisture for a long time. Honey alone can be used as a face mask, no additives necessary, and it works well on all skin types. It balances oily skin and moisturises dry skin.
SKIN BENEFITS OF HONEY
- Honey contains vitamins B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and certain amino acids, pollen, protein, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc.
- It has antibacterial properties, which help in fighting acne and pimples. Honey reduces infection and is a very effective home remedy to treat acne. The natural antibacterial and probiotic properties of raw honey effectively reduce breakouts and prevent new acne.
- This sweet nectar is also antiseptic. When honey is diluted with water, it produces hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is an antimicrobial agent and is used as a mild antiseptic. Honey is useful in treating cuts, wounds, and abrasions.
- Honey is a good cleanser for skin, as it soaks ups impurities from the pores of the skin, leaving your skin clear and clean.
- It is a very effective moisturiser for skin. It retains moisture, making your skin radiant, soft and supple.
- Honey properties protect your skin under the sun and assist the skin to rejuvenate and stay young.
- Honey is a natural remedy to prevent wrinkles, as it slows the ageing process.
- Honey's antioxidant properties make it capable to fight against skin damage and skin ageing.
- Honey gently removes dirt and impurities without stripping the skin of natural oils. Foaming cleansers and soaps frequently strip the skin of these protective oils and cause the skin to overproduce oil.
- Since it is so gentle and nurturing to the skin, honey is ideal for very sensitive skin, rosacea, and eczema.
- Honey is an overall excellent facial cleanser, and it is far cheaper than a lot of the brand-name options, not to mention devoid of all the additives.
HOW TO MAKE A HONEY FACE MASK
- Pull your hair back from your face and remove all make-up.
- To avoid sticking, wet your fingers before applying the honey.
- Scoop up approximately one spoon of honey.
- Rub your fingertips together then smear the honey on your face evenly.
- Leave it on your face anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour.
- Rinse off with warm water, then pat your face dry.
- You can moisten your face with a small bit of water before applying the honey, which will make it easier to spread.
- You can use honey mask daily for at least two weeks, twice a day if you wish. After that, you can do it weekly and use coconut oil sometimes.
- Choose a raw, unpasteurised honey to make sure all the enzymes and nutrients are intact.
- You can follow honey mask with an apple cider vinegar toner, then moisturise with coconut oil.
- You can also create various face mask recipes for added benefits. For instance: honey and turmeric, honey and lemon, honey and yogurt, honey and avocado, honey and oatmeal, honey and cinnamon
- Honey is also great for the hair, making it manageable and silky.