Natural versus chemical skincare products have been on everyone’s mind for a very long time.
Our skin is the largest organ of our body. It is of the utmost importance that we take extra care of our skin and treat it properly.
Whether it is a body lotion, face wash, anti-aging serums, or acne routines, your skin absorbs over half of the product we put onto it.
Here are the main differences between natural and chemical.
- Better for your skin and is not likely to cause skin allergies.
- The shelf life decrease as the product is natural and does not contain parabens.
- Not toxic to the skin.
- It helps your skin slow down the aging process due to the anti-oxidants in the product.
- Safe to use on children and people with sensitive skin.
- Results take longer to see however, it is longer lasting.
- The chemicals and synthetic ingredients are likely to cause skin allergies and reactions.
- It has a longer shelf life due to the preservatives in the products.
- It can be toxic to the skin depending on the ingredients.
- Damages you're skin when used long term and depletes the skin’s natural elastin production.
- Not safe to use on sensitive skin types or on children.
- Results are seen in a shorter period of time however, the effects are not long-lasting.